Getting Ready

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:43 AM
It will be my 6th month check up with Dr. D tomorrow. I already texted her last Wednesday to confirm if she’ll be coming this Friday and she said she would. I’ll be off from work in the morning and I already told my coworkers that I will have my “general check up” tomorrow.

So like what I used to do before, I will be preparing all my tables again and all my questions for her. Well, I guess there’s nothing to put in the tables yet except for my observations before, but nonetheless, I will still give her my own records. I will also present to her my vaccination record and if she tells me that I need some more vaccinations, then I will gladly do them.

Here is my status list:
  1. 100% adherence to ARV’s, no late or missed intakes. I take all my ARV’s at 10pm.
  2. Still on cotrimoxazole 800mg OID and azithromycin 1250mg once a week. With Azithromycin, I still have diarrhea after taking it since it is very strong.
  3. My tongue is pinkish, no oral thrush at all.
  4. A little dry skin but it can be counteracted by application of a moisturizing lotion.
  5. No dizziness even hours after taking efavirenz. Still taking all my ARV’s on an empty stomach (4 hours after my last meal).
  6. I feel itchy only with drinking wine or any alcoholic beverage.
  7. I am back to work and has been working for 2 months now. I work daily from Monday to Saturday, usually for 10 hours a day.
  8. I can go out to public places, go malling even on a crowded place without getting sick.
  9. Already travelled to Asia on a plane.
  10. Still have a strong positive outlook.
My Health History (Just for the last 3 months):
  1. Had 4 vaccinations in RITM-ARG last January. Will have my last Hepa B vaccination in June.
  2. Had slight sore eyes on my right eye last January but subsided fast.
  3. Had slight chest pain this February which turned out to be more like a heartburn.
  4. Had experienced slight swelling on the dorsum of my right hand after working out which subsided within the day it happened.
  5. No diarrhea, no fever, no difficulty in breathing, no coughs, flu nor body weakness.
  6. Lost 10 pounds already from working.
  7. Now eats 3-4x a day.
  8. Had my eye check-up this February and the ophthalmologist said everything is fine.
Questions that I need to ask my doctors:
  1. Other vaccinations that I need.
  2. Truth about the rumors that Global Fund is extending for another 2 years.
  3. If I need to have a chest x-ray since my pulmonologist likes to see me and compare the one I am going to take with my previous ones.
  4. When I am going to stop my cotri and azithro meds.
  5. If it’s ok for me to have minor skin surgical operations and if anesthesia or antibiotics which will be given by my dermatologist are ok with my ARV’s.
  6. Since I want to help financially some people living with HIV/AIDS, how can I give voluntary contributions?
I am quite nervous and really excited to report my current status to Dr. D. I do wish the lab tests will give positive results, but if not, I still have an entire lifetime to wait. Anyway, what’s important is what I am feeling now... and I feel great, physically, emotionally, socially and vocationally!

So tomorrow, I know I am ready!




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: