"Cleansing Pill"

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:41 PM
My outlook in life is so positive! Even for a pill that causes me to have stomach upset once every week.

For 6 months now, I have been taking azithromycin, my antibacterial medicine which I take once every week. It is prescribed for the prevention and treatment of Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) in persons with advanced HIV infection. It also works in preventing other kinds of bacterial infections in people with HIV.


However, Along with its desired effects, azithromycin may cause some serious unwanted effects. Treatment with this medicine should be stopped and a doctor should be notified right away if the patient has any of the following after receiving the intravenous form of azithromycin: pain, redness, and swelling where the injection was given. In a few rare cases, azithromycin has caused severe reactions. Individuals should stop taking this medicine and notify a doctor right away if they have any of the following symptoms of a severe reaction: abdominal tenderness; diarrhea (severe and watery or bloody); fever; joint pain; severe stomach cramps or pain; skin rash; swelling of face, mouth, neck, hands, and feet; or trouble breathing.Other side effects may not be serious and may lessen or disappear with continued use of azithromycin. Less serious side effects include mild diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, or vomiting. Individuals should tell a doctor if these side effects continue or are bothersome.


The reaction of azithromycin to me is gastric pain and diarrhea which happen 3 hours after i take my usual dose of 1250mg.  This would last for a good 3 hours but will abruptly stop after I move my bowel. 


I know this medicine, together with my co-trimaxazole, is doing great wonders to me. I am being positive about it because at least once a week, it "cleanses" my gut system. This is better than any cleansing diet I've tried before. It is just a matter of changing perspectives. 


I am happy then, with my once a week "cleansing" pill.







FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund