'Counselling'

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:03 AM
I am no counsellor, but I share what I know and what I experienced. If I can't answer a question, I research it first or ask my doctor. That is how I do it. But what is important is I listen and I uplift someone's spirit. There are people who are confused and somehow wants to find a person who they can talk to.

Last night I talked to a poz who I gave my number to through email. We texted first, trying to answer his questions then I decided to call him up. We talked for a long time and I tried to somehow calm him down and shared with him my positivism. He found out that he was positive 4 months ago and up to now he has not been to a hub yet and have not had his CD4 count yet because of financial constraints. I told him to save up now so he can get it. I advised him that while waiting, one, he should try to be healthy by working out and eating right and two, not to get sick (he read all my previous entries on how to prevent illnesses) because HIV replicates fast when our immunocompromised bodies catch something. He asked about multivitamins and I said my doctor allowed them. He asked about taking VCO and I told him that DR. D didn't dismiss it but she said there is no proven fact yet that it works.

Our conversation was full of positivism. He was grateful for my blog because he felt that I was talking to him on every entry I make. He asked me some personal questions about Tag and I directly answered him back. I told him that nothing has changed between us. Well, actually, our relationship became even stronger. He asked about the possibilities of having relationships for him and I told him that anything is possible. I told him that some pozzies now have relationships with fellow pozzies. I just reminded him that any sexual encounters now should be with protection.

I am not a counsellor, but I listen and I can give good advice. It comes from my being an optimist and always looking at a brighter side of any situation I face. I tell facts and not opinions because I know that people, especially the new pozzies need direct answers. I wish someday, this will be another mission I would take, but right now I feel that my virus is becoming a blessing for me because my experience with it is allowing me to reach out and touch other people's lives.



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund