6th Month Check Up

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:02 PM
I had a check up today with Dr. D., my private ID doctor. I was in the hospital at 8am to list down my name on the door. I was shocked to find a name ahead of me. Oh well, life goes on, I said to myself. I waited and she came around 9:30 and she accommodated her first patient. At 10am, it was my turn. I was glad to hear my nickname being called. I like that because I know that she really knows me.

As soon as I sat down, I told her that my 6th month is this March and I am expecting my lab tests done. I then reported that I have been so disciplined with my ARV's that I never have missed or been late with my intake which she was so glad to hear about. I told her that I've never been sick at all for 6 months now and that I am back to work again. I reported that my doctors in the other hospital, Dr. M, Dr. S, Dr. B and Dr. R were all looking for me.

She then told me that I have to finish the last batch of my meds this month and I will have to get my CD4 and CBC this coming March 26 in RITM. It would be too early for me to get them next week she said. I also told her that Dr. L wants to check my xray so I need to tell her first and she said it is ok. I told her, my pulmo just wants to compare my lungs with my previous xray before when I had pneumonia.

But what she started telling was so amazing that I almost jumped for joy. She told me that as soon as I reach my 6th month, I won't be experiencing any hiv related illnesses as long as I continue my ARV's. She told me that she would be removing my cotri and azithro as soon as I get my CD4. She also told me that even though the CD4 would still be low, it doesn't matter anymore because I am i perfect health right now. My body recovered fast, she said. She then said that I am "normal" now. I am so happy.

I told her then that I would be getting all my lab workout in RITM and she told me that I should check with Letlet for my PhilHealth status.

Everything was perfect. I came out smiling. I know I am in great shape now. I owe to Tag. I owe it to my discipline in taking my ARV's on time all the time. I owe it to all my doctors.



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund


Categories: