6th Month

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:18 AM

Last March 6 marked my 6th month of taking ARV's. I am so happy that so far I am in good shape, health-wise. I hope that my readers will learn something about my experience.

I want to share with you my medical history so that you can pattern it with your own

Medical History


1. Was confined in the hospital for Bilateral Pneumonia for 10 days.
2. Had PCP
3. After 10 days of treatment in the hospital, my lungs cleared up based on the Xray findings
4. Was on prednisone, co-trimoxazole and azithromycin for 24 days.
5. On day 26, my lungs were all cleared from any infection.


ARV History

1st MONTH 


1. Blood workout was done, ALT was high.
2. ARV Cocktail: tenofovir, lamivudine and efavirenz
3. Had slight oral thrush and fluconazole was prescribed for use for 14 days.
4. After 11 days of taking ARV's, body skin rash occurred. It started on the chest and shoulders, then spread out to back and legs. Was prescribed with Xyzal and Afarax. In 3 days rashes disappeared.
5. 18 days after taking ARV's, ALT jumped to 328. Efavirenz was stopped for one day and was resumed the following day upon the order of Dr. Ditangco.

2nd-3rd MONTH


1. Experienced on and off slight itching at night.
2. Felt hot at night but no night sweats. Most probably due to the efavirenz.

4th MONTH


1. No illnesses
2. Had sore eyes a few times
3. Went back to work

5th-6th MONTH


1. No illnesses

I am sharing my record with you guys because I know you too can succeed with your health and your life. Everything will be ok. My secret? Simple. Trust in your doctor and 100% adherence to ARV's. It is that easy!




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund



Categories: