Answers! Answers!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:28 PM
At last I got to talk to Dr. D., my doctor and the head of RITM-ARG. I've been receiving text messages from fellow poz and emails asking me some questions which I can't answer. So to be factual, I asked my doctor.

1. "Will Global Fund be extending for another 2 years?" This question was raised by a fellow poz who heard it from RITM-ARG volunteers.

     Dr. D: "No, it won't. But we have the finances to cover for all the medicines, ARV's through PhilHealth. She added that they are now preparing for the transition or turnover of all documents pertaining to that."

2. "Do ARV's cause lymphoma?". This was texted to me by a fellow poz who said he read it from a poz' blog somewhere.

     Dr. D.: "ARV's don't cause lymphoma. Actually, the ARV's prevent them. On the other hand, HIV can cause them. Most people associate it with ARV's because that was the time that they soon find out that they have lymphoma."

3. "Will you stop taking your prophylaxis as soon as your CD4 level comes up to 250?"

     Dr. D.: As soon as you reach your 6th month of taking your ARV's, the prophylaxis will be discontinued no matter what your CD4 level is.

I am glad that these questions were raised. Out of topic from my regular check up but I explained it to Dr. D. the reason why.




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: