Email 445: Expat and Philippine Employment

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:53 PM

Hi Pozzie, i am a british expat with hiv, i am hoping to start work in the Philippines in the new year, will i be able to get a work permit through the company who will be hiring me as i am HIV, i have already had a medical at the PROLAB clinic in Makati but they have asked me to come back for another blood test when i return on 2nd Jan 2014, do i tell them i am hiv and will they inform my company, many thanks for your help.

Best Regards.

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.Thank you for finding the blog.

To be factual, I asked an HR manager of an international company based here in the Philippines which hires expats. She said that the the result of the HIV test will be forwarded to the company. However, under the Philippine HIV law, even if the result is positive, the expat can't be not hired based on the HIV status. Even if you personally disclose your HIV status, it won't interfere with the hiring procedures.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions or you can call me at 0916-286-2066.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: