Email 455: OFW Needs Help

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 2:45 PM

Hi Pozzie,

I found your blogspot really helpful to me. Thank you so much for creating one. You can call me Dee, I am currently working abroad at kanina lng tinest ako ng friend kong nurse at sabi eh reactive ang results. Last month ko pa kc nararamdaman ang mga symptoms like difficulty breathing, weakness, may rash ako sa mukha na kapag tinigil ko ung Alfacort cream na nireseta ng doctor bumabalik sya. Poz natatakot ako kc sa bansa na pinagtatrabahuan ko deport agad pg nalaman sa test na positive. Wala pa dn akong masyadong ipon kaya namomroblema ako sa treatment. Ask ko lng, covered ba ng philhealth ang pagpapagamot? I am planning to resign from work by the end of this month para by March mkakauwi na ko, masyado na bang matagal un for me to do the treatments. Gusto ko kc muna kahit papano may maiuwi mn lng na pera. I am from Bacolod at nakita ko na may treatment hub sila dun. I really need your advice.. Thank you in advance.



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Dee.

Thank you for your email.

If you are working in a country that bans foreign workers with HIV, then you need to come home before your contract ends when they will do your medical testing. I have known people with HIV who used to work in the Middle East, Singapore and other Arab nations who got accosted from their work, homes and got detained before deportation. 

Now in your case, since you still have financial issues, then you can come home by March. However, I'm worried about your current health condition. Health wise, I would opt for you to come home as early as possible. Philhealth, if you are a regular contributor can, asset you with your medical needs, though, it will not cover all.

What I can advice you is when you come home, please call me ASAP, at 0916-286-2066 so I can tell you what to do and have you assisted here. The HIV treatment and consultation with HIV doctors are free, however, if you have other infections brought about by the weakness of the immune system, then the lab tests and medicines for those other infections are not free. Trust me, we can help you, when you come home.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: