Email 480: To Get Tested or Not?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:43 AM
Hi.

I am 22 years old right now aand I had an MSM encounter last dec 25-26, 2013 and last january 1 2014 to one person I met online. He is allegedly 34 years old whoch can be validated by his looks. This is my first time ever to have sex and it was unprotectes one. Please give some advise because I am so paranoid right now. I am not certainly sure on when to get tested for HIV or whether should I really get one. 


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

If you had previous unprotected sex, then you need to take the HIV test. The best time to take is at 3 and 6 months post exposure as by that time if incase there was indeed transmission of virus to you, the body has already produced enough HIV antibodies to be detected by the HIV test. However, I always encourage early testing as sometimes people forget the exact dates of their encounters or to test other possible exposures prior to the last ones that they had. 

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: