Email 479: Do I Still Need to Take the HIV Test?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:31 AM
Hey Pozzie,

Hope you are well.

I have been reading your blog and I should say it's very informative. Thank you for helping your readers.

I'm a 23 year old discreet gay man. Like others, I have had my share of curiosity about sex when I was 18 - 20 years old but eventually I stopped. I remember having an unprotected sex just once around 4 years ago, I was the top. It was the only unprotected sex I had. I have evaluated myself for any symptoms of HIV or AIDS and I don't seem to have any of them  no sore throats, long diarrhea episodes, cough, rashes, genital warts and my weight is just the pretty the same. I also feel healthy.  



As of this writing, I have not had any penetrative sex for the past 2 years because I don't have a partner. (Feels like I'm a matured guy already ei :P) Now I prefer to do the act with someone who really means to me. charing :P

So my question is, do I still need to get myself tested?

Thank you and God bless you!

Cheers,
Axe


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Axe.

Thank you for your email.

Since you had a previous unprotected sex experience with a random partner, you might as well take the HIV test. Like what I always tell my readers, HIV has non specific symptoms. Some of the PLHIV's that I have met didn't at all show any symptoms and yet their immune system has been very low (based on their CD4 counts).

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: