Email 475: Stribild in the Philippines?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:43 AM
Hi Pozzie,

Let me thank you for providing us an avenue to help and get helped as well through your project.

I am newly diagnosed (11/07/2013) HIV+ and I'm taking right now Stribild. My CD4 is 270 and hopefully it will go up with my medication. Just asking, is Stribild available in the Philippines so I can continue this medication when I go home for good? With my weakening body and ever-increasing demands at work abroad, I am considering to go home and hopefully continue my treatment in the Philippines. If this drug is not available in our country, is there any drug that could be a good substitute available for me? I am so worried about my condition and I know sooner or later my employer would find out my medical status and send me home. Please advise.

Thank you very much

XXX


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

Stribild is not available here in the country, Because of your concern, I texted Dr. Ditangco, the head of RITM-ARG, and this is what she said: "We will just give whatever we have here in the Philippines".

Don't worry, our good doctors here can find a substitute for your ARV's. So far, from years of  experience in counselling, I have not experienced any issues with switching ARV's even from a one day pill to our current ARV cocktails.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: