Email 461: About Symptoms and the HIV Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:21 AM
hi pozzie pinoy,

Thank you for your blog, it gave me the courage to take the test.

I was in a relationship until the end of September 2013 and we only had oral sex. I also had unprotected oral sex with 3 random guys I met at bars in ortigas last december 2013 on different occassions. When christmas came my lips atrted chapping so I went to the dermatologist to have it checked since it might be herpes and it turned out to be a case of windburn. bit I was already starting to get paranoid since my eczema was already breaking out because of the weather. I wanted to get tested but I assumed it was because of the weather as what my dermatologist said. After the holiday season, a lot of people got sick but I did not get sick even if people were already coughing around me because I drink nutritional supplements and workout everyday. The other day i started coughing blood and chest pains, I was actually scared that it was either tubeculosis, pneumonia or lung  
cancer but I never had fever and it only happens in the morning and not during the rest of the day. I consulted a pulmonologist yesterday and my xray was clear, it turned out to be bronchitis due to my years of smoking (i'm trying to quit) and aggravated by the weather.I just need to take antibiotics, rest and quit smoking.  I said to myself that if it's pneumonia or tb I'll get tested for hiv but I was actually more scared of lung cancer, but even if bronchitis was the reason my paranoia just continued even if most of the sites on the net specify that bronchitis was not a symptom.I finally went to ICON earlier today to finally get tested and it turned out non-reactive.


I was relieved but at the same time I read in your blog that it needs to be at least three months to be confirmed, but the counselor told me 2 weeks post exposure is enough since my last exposure is already a month. I'll just monitor my health for the moment and hopefully quit smoking for good.

Thanks Pozzie pinoy. I hope I can meet you guys one of these days to tell you how I admire your strength and courage. Please tell me also how I could help.

alex

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Alex.

Thank you for your email.

The best HIV doctors in the country still advice for HIV testing at 3 months and 6 months post exposure. So to calm your mind, just follow this protocol.

Second, HIV has non specific symptoms so anything that you may be feeling could be anything. Best is to have a regular check up to get the proper treatment if you feel any symptoms.

Thanks for the offer of help. For now focus on your health and let me know. You may call me at 0916-286-2066 if you have other concerns.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: