Email 458: OFW in KSA

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:36 PM
Hi there!  Thanks for your blog which is indeed very helpful.

I had an unprotected sex sometime in September 2013 before going back to KSA.  Few days after, while in KSA, I noticed a milky fluid coming out from my penis.  So without hesitations I consulted a doctor and the lab results revealed that I was infected with Gonorrhea and Chlamydia.  I was given medications then.  Fortunately HIV was non-reactive.  Few days more, I developed a lip sore (herpes as the doctor described) and was having fever, colds and cough.  I went again with the doctor and he told me that it COULD be a sign of HIV but he is 90% sure that I don't have.  He advised me to contact my partner in Philippines and have himself tested just to confirm and relieve me from worrying so much.  So I asked my partner to do the test.  Approximately a month after, my partner had himself tested and Thank God it was not reactive as well.  This somehow gave me a relief aside from the fact that I usually get well every time I encounter flu-like sickness. Now, it's about 4 months since the unprotected sex but it still worry me because there are times that I still have flu-like sickness but thank God I still got well.  I am afraid of having an HIV test again here in KSA even just for confirmation because I am afraid of the results and being deported just in case results would not be favorable.

Based on the above, is it safe to say that I don't have HIV anymore?  When I get home to Philippines I will still subject myself to test.  For now I just want to relieve myself from worrying.  I am also afraid of going alone to the  test centers.

Appreciate your advise.  Please don't post my email address.

Sincerely,

Mr. Pessimist 


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there Mr. Pessimist.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog.

Let me answer this as factual as possible. 

1. HIV can't be diagnosed based on symptoms alone. If you had unprotected sex, then that is the time that you need to take the HIV test.
2. If you have STD's, then you need to take the HIV test.
3. You can't diagnosed HIV by looking at symptoms. It can only be diagnosed by taking the HIV test.
4. Get all the data from your partner. Have him scan and email his HIV test to you so you have the facts if you can't get an HIV test now.
5. Here in the country, the best HIV doctors still advocate for 3 months and 6 months post exposure to be accurate. To be sure, tell your partner to retake the HIV test 6 months post exposure.
6. If you are still bothered, and to finally have peace of mind, go and visit a neighbouring non-Arab country and have your self tested.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: