Email 464: Looking for a Support Group

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:43 AM
Hi Pozzie.

I was just diagnosed last November 2013 with HIV.  I was devastated but learned to accept it eventually. My partner was tested negative, thank God. He decided to stay with me and help me with this. I am already undergoing treatment and by next month will be having my vaccines.

I am looking for a group of people whom I can talk to because there are times when I feel really depressed and helpless. I have been out of work for 3 months now and im just waiting for my fit to work from my doctor to get back to work but my health is deteriorating fast and I have been doing everything what the doctors have been advising me to do.

Is it true that eventually everything will be back to normal? I lost a lot of weight and I have rashes all over my body. I hope somehow you can help  
me.

Yogibear.


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Yogibear.

Thank you for your email.

Taking the HIV test is the best decision that you did and I am proud of you for doing it. Now you are on your way to a better health. Just be patient, and trust me everything will return back to normal. The key is belief: Belief in yourself that you are going to be ok, belief in the doctors, belief in your ARV's, and belief that other people will help you with your new journey.

You were asking about a support group. You can join our online private FB support group, The Red Ribbon. You can have a new family there, to ask questions, to listen to success stories and form bond with other PLHIV's. Aside from online chatting, we also have the P Club, a weekly gathering of PLHIV's, a monthly Support Group Talk, TRR Sports & Recreations (TRR S&R), group outings, TRR Outreach Program.

Click the link below on how to join the group:



I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: