Email 483: To Retake the HIV Test or Not

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:55 AM
Hi pozziepinoy

I have a question, my ex partner tested positive last September.  I was afraid that I might be positive because the last three times that we had sex we didn't used condom. My last sexually encountered with him was around august 23-25. I got tested right away when he tested positive and my result was negative. Then at that time we broke up. I went to get tested again last .December 17 2013 to double check if I am positive or not, and the result is negative. Right now I am still afraid I might be positive because I felt something wrong in my body. I am still terrified that I might be positive. Do you think my last test is valid that I am negative or do I still have chance to get hiv from him?


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

Since your ex partner turned positive last September, even though you got tested at 1month and 4 months post exposure, it would be wise to retake the HIV test on February (at 6 months post exposure). This is to finally confirm if you are positive or not. Like what I always tell my readers, the best HIV doctors here in the Philippines, always advice for HIV testing at 3 and 6 months post exposure so just follow it, for peace of mind.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: