Email 465: PLHIV in Singapore

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:00 PM
hi sir, 

im XXX currently working in singapore and i tested positive last friday 17th of january.. i resign from my job immediately, my last day of work is feb XX and ill be home on feb XX, but i don't know what to do when i get home.. and im also scared that the singapore government will send me home before my resignation date, 

im so lost and hopeless right now.. i feel so alone and down, it feels like theres no tomorrow and everytime i wake up is like a countdown for my death.. havent inform anybody except my manager friend who is a local here.. and planning to hide this disease from anybody until i die, you think its possible? please help me pozzie..

XXX


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

I know you are scared and confused especially when you are in a country that doesn't allow foreign nationals to work there. 

You have only two options though. 

One, to wait for the date when you are scheduled to come home. What worries me here is that there is a possibility that the Ministry of Health of Singapore may catch up on your health records and accost you and deport you without warning, even when you are at work. Some PLHIV's who have experienced this weren't able to pack their stuff and in front of their officemates, the police accosted them directly out of the office and to the airport and were detained there. 

The second option, is to pack your things now and come home immediately. It is not a recommendation on my part though as I honestly believe that you need to be professional in dealing with employment, but this has to be a personal decision that you have to make in order to avoid embarrassment from the deportation which adds to your emotional trauma.

It is then your choice as both have consequences.

When you get home, please contact me at 0916-286-2066 so I can talk to you. 

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: