Email 451: Need Someone to Talk To

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 1:46 PM
Hi Sir! Good day!

Actually hindi ko alam kung paano ko uumpisahan. I just found out I have HIV last Tuesday, January 7. I honestly don't know what to do. I think I need help.

Up to now, I'm still shocked. Sabi nga nila, acceptance won't come easily, pero I am determined to accept it because I know that it is already a part of me, something I can't just imagine to go away. I haven't told anyone yet, not until I have my first check up with an ID doctor of choice. There are a lot of questions na sobrang tumatakbo sa isip ko, and I don't know if kailangan ko sabihin sa iba na I am positive. Natatakot ako. Natatakot ako na layuan ako ng ibang tao, natatakot ako na baka hindi ako matanggap ng pamilya ko. Ang hirap pala. I'm trying to continue living my life as if the virus doesn't exist.

Sorry to bother you with this nonsense. I just need someone to talk to regarding this. Thank you for your time sir. God bless!

GM


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi GM.

Thank you for your email.

I understand what you are going through. A lot of our readers have experienced the same thing so you are not alone with your dilemma. However, like what you have said, you need to accept it as it is a part of you. Let me just add something. Accept it and work on going back to being healthy again by being responsible and doing all the things that you need to do as ordered by your HIV doctor. That is the only way to fight it.

Since you are asking for people to talk to, I can give you two options:

1. Talk to our Certified Counselors: Click the link below:


2. Join The Red Ribbon. It is an online private support group in Facebook, You can meet our managers and other PLHIV's there, to give you support and answer all questions. We also have support group talks, outreach programs, PLHIV activities and P Club gatherings. Here is how you can join:

      a. Add me, Pozzie Pinoy in Facebook (either real account or a pseudo account)
      b. I will ask you questions first before adding you to the group
      c. I will briefly give you the rules of the group
      d. Once you agree to the terms and conditions, then I'll add you.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: