Email 157: Focus on What You Can Control

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:46 AM

Hi Pozzie

It's been a month since when I get tested as a positive. My CD4 count is only 54. I'm hopeless but still trying to be strong for this fight. What is the best thing to do and pls help me...pls..

XXX




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX,

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding my blog.

You mentioned that your CD4 is only 54. I have met people with single digit CD4's and they recovered. Mine was 70, a year ago and I am as normal as anyone, living my dreams, living my life. 

I am 100% sure that you will rebound to your previous, normal health if you will do everything what the doctor tells you to do. Trust me and trust yourself. For now the only thing that we can hang on to is hope and belief. Hope that there will be a cure in a few years and belief that we all going to be in best shape while waiting.

For the meantime I can give you this message. Focus on what you can control! 

1. Focus on getting well and healthy.
    a. Keep a positive outlook to relax your mind
    b. Eat a balanced and healthy diet
    c. Have a regular exercise program
    d. Rest. Sleep 8 hours or more each day to recover. 
    e. Enjoy life. Take vacations.
    f. Avoid getting sick!
    
 2. Focus on your treatment. 
   a. Do what your doctor tells you to do.
   b. Follow strict compliance and adherence to ARV's
   c. Be vigilant on any symptoms of illness
   d. Get vaccinations.

Living with HIV is scary at first. But life can be good if we focus on things that we need to do in order to fight HIV. Trust me we can "tame" the virus inside us from replicating. We just need to do whatever it takes to strengthen our mind, body and spirit, while we are all waiting for the cure.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: