Email 74: Fight With All Your Might!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 1:31 PM
Hi Pozziepinoy, 

Got no friends that will cheer me up in the midst of this sickness. I was diagnosed early this year and in terminal stage (I guess). My CD4 is 14 only, though my mind is fighting to live a normal life and be able to recover by taking those meds. My family supports me well though I only gave them limited infos, for them not to feel down with my situation. I lost my good job because of this and I am beginning to feel depressed. 



I almost had the same story as yours...  I was first diagnosed last XXX 2012...however, I was hospitalized for two weeks. We have the same medications given, though still under observation if they are ok with me..One thing that keeps me weak is my anal fissure that never healed since I had constipation during my stay in hospital and it really bothers me up to this time..

Your story inspired me and gave me hope that I will recover. Too bad for me that I have no gay friends in the Philippines. I am from XXX city and I am looking for someone who will lighten up my days and who has the same condition.

Hope to meet you and help me to accept all of this thing.


XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your email. Thanks for reading and getting inspired by my stories in my blog. That is the purpose of it: to share what I have researched and experienced so that we can all learn from it.

I am proud of you for hanging on there. Your positivism can make you stronger and can make you fight HIV easily.

Having a CD4 of 14 doesn't mean that you are on "the terminal" stage. I have talked to people who had been in worst scenario than you are in, with their CD4 in single digits. Where are they now? They are living their lives happily as if nothing happened to them. Their secret? Their own will to fight HIV.

Equip yourself with all the defense mechanisms to fight. Strengthen your will power and it can boost your fast recovery. Arm yourself with all the knowledge that you can get about HIV and you are on your way to success. Have a strong faith in your doctors and health workers and they in turn can empower you to become stronger physically and emotionally. Believe in the power of your ARV's. Commit to your loved ones who have committed their faith in you.

Continue consulting with your doctors about your anal fissure to lessen down your worries. I am glad that you are already on your trial period with your ARV's and soon, I know, that everything will be ok. For now, do whatever it takes to get well. Once your health is stable, you can go back and work again. 

I hope I was able to address your concerns. Please feel free to email me again. I will be here for you. I know for sure each and every PLHIV who has been reading my blog is cheering for you on your road to success!



Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



"We are all in this together. 
No PLHIV should struggle alone with HIV!"




© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: