Email 55: More Questions

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:24 AM

I received a couple of emails recently. I am so sorry that this came a little bit late.

First Email:

Hello Pozziepinoy,

How are you? Thank you for responding to my message. Sorry for the late response, I am poz like you. Mind if I ask you personal questions about your condition?

 1. Are you under medication now? Are you getting it for free? If Yes, where? Would you recommend me to that institution as well? 

2. What are your food diet? Do you have any?

3. I don't have Pozzie friends, no one knows in my family about my condition, not even my current partner, were not having intercourse, there are times that I want to tell him but I don't think he is strong as I am. It will destroy him.

Thank you for your time.

God Bless

XXX

Second Email:


Hi Pozziepinoy,

Nafufrustrate ako kc hindi ko pa din nakukuha ung confirmatory test ko from San Lazaro Hospital na nirequest ng XXX last September 10. How I wish I would know my CD4 and start with my medication. I will be honest with you, i'm not financially well off, I am the bread winner of the family, my mom and my sister they depend on me. That's why when I learned about my condition I started planning, pero how fortunate I will be if there's an institution that will support me with my meds. Why do I feel like a beggar after saying that.. hahaha.

Natutuwa ako may nalalabasan ako ng nararamdaman ko.

God Bless , take care, I will look forward to your response. 

XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your email. I am very sorry that it took me a few days to answer your two letters. I wish you are in good health right now.

Let me answer your questions as you asked them.

First, I am on medications or atiretroviral therapy right now. I am taking tenofovir, lamivudine and efavirenz. I am getting them from RITM-ARG in Alabang as it is my treatment hub. They are for free as long as you are enrolled in their hub. I highly recommend RITM-ARG however  like what I advice other pozzies, proximity and accessibility is the best determinant in choosing a treatment hub.

Second, I don't have any particular diet. I eat everything but to neutralize that excess fatty foods that I am consuming I am on a regular exercise program.

Third, unlike you, all my family members and my partner's family know about my status. I know someday you will open it to your loved ones too when you are ready. Trust me, it is better that way because you don't want to live a double life forever.

Fourth, the ARV's are free in all the treatment hubs. You just have to focus on your health so you won't get infections that might arise because of your weakened immune system. If you do have infections, the treatment hubs usually don't give free lab tests and medicines for the specific infections. So if I were you, enrol now to the nearest treatment hub to know your health status. It is better to know now before it is too late. Don't be like me that I already had infections before I got treatment that is why I spent almost P500,000 on hospitalization ad medical bills.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. Feel free to ask me again if you have other concerns.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy

© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: