Email 79: Encouraged To Take the Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:36 PM

Dear Pozziepinoy,

Hi. I've come across your blog after searching about HIV. I've been reading your blog for almost a week and I admire the way you empower people, not only those who are pozzies, but also those who are in a dilemma whether to take the test or not. 

I, myself, have been encouraged to take another test a few days ago, and gladly, the result was negative. I had my regular tests done at 12 weeks, 3 months, and 7 months (the last of which was done a few days ago) after my last possible exposure

My first two tests were done in a social hygiene clinic, and my final test was done in RITM-Satellite Clinic in Malate. Indeed, the staff were very friendly especially Miss Kai who assisted me with the test. 

The increase of HIV cases is really quite alarming. Please do continue to support, encourage, and empower people especially those who have the illness and those who are at risk. I, myself, am gonna do my part to help prevent the spread of the virus.

GodBless you.

Best Regards,
XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your email. Thank you for reading my blog.

I get inspired by people like you, who learn from other people and take the initiative in doing what is right. 

I am proud of you for taking the test in different occasions as I have suggested in my previous entries. Those were the suggestions of all my doctors so I always make it a point to tell people that one test post exposure is not enough, and that it should be done in a series of tests after the initial test. 

I am happy that your personal experience with RITM Satellite Clinic had been great. The staff there are really friendly and are very professional so I promote it non stop in my entries. Although I don't personally know the people in RITM-Satellite, I feel that the staff there have the same heart to help like those in RITM-ARG (the treatment hub). Ate Beth and Maram have always assisted me whenever I refer patients in RITM-Satellite and the people that we assisted there always have good things to say about the staff.

Thank you for all the words of encouragement. I do my advocacy because I know I have the capacity to help others. I know you can too. There are a lot of people who need to be aware about HIV and we should all join hands in this endeavour.

You can write articles about HIV/AIDS in the Philippines, your personal journey, or journeys of other people, or anything about the disease and send it to me and I will post it here. You can put a pseudo name if you want. 

My blog is everybody's blog as, like what you said, it not only for pozzies, but for everyone who is at risk of having the disease.

I wish you well and I sincerely am happy that you are HIV negative. 


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: