Email 76: Fever with Nevirapine

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:52 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

I've been inspired reading your stories this made me send you an email.

I was on the trial period of taking nevirapine and on the 8yh day I felt an adverse side effect. I was struck with high fever for the past 3 days. 39'C was my temp most of the time. I stopped
nevirapine and continued the other drugs. 

My concern is, the fever is so painful that I can feel pain at my back and legs? What shall I do to minimize the effect. Is it okay for me to take paracetamol to manage the pain aside from water?

How long will this fever stay? Btw, I don't have any rashes and that's the good thing about it. Thanks for your time. 

God bless u for your good works. 


XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your email. Thank you for reading the stories in my blog and I am so happy that you are getting inspired by them.

Regarding your concern, I talked to one of the staff of RITM and she said that you should coordinate with your doctor immediately. Since you are on a trial period of ARV's, ask your doctor fast if you can take paracetamol. She said that each person has a different medical history so it is still best to get the go signal from your doctor.

The two-week trial period is no matter what the hardest period in the ARV treatment as both you and your doctor need to monitor the effects of your ARV's on your body. After the trial period, once your body has adjusted to the ARV's, your only job is to take them religiously and stay in a healthy lifestyle as possible.

In your case, just coordinate with your doctor and hang in there. You are on your way to improving your health, so just stay calm and listen to whatever your doctor will tell you to do.

I hope I was able to answer your question. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.


Stay healthy, 
Pozziepinoy



© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: