Email 70: Being TOP and HIV Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:02 AM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

Isa po akong young professional na bisexual but my family and friends doesn't know about it.....wala pong nakakaalam na ganito ako pero my mga nkakasex na po ako na men...gusto ko po sana magpatest pero natatakot po ako na pagpunta ko sa RITM Satellite eh my makakita sa akin na kakilala ako...pano po ba ung proseso dun? my privacy nman po ba?? 


(Translation: I am one of the bisexual professionals but my family and friends don't know about it. Nobody knows about my sexuality and I already had sex with men. I would like to get myself tested but I am scared to go to RITM Satellite because somebody might see me who knows me. what is the process there? Is there privacy?)

Pano po ba nattransmit ung? kasi TOP po ako never pa ako nagpaF*** pero naka fuck na po ako once una i used condom pero pinahubad nya ksi nasasktan daw cya...natatakot po ako na bka dahil dun sa isang un eh nahawa ako....

(Translation: How is it transmitted? I am TOP and I've never been F*** before but once I had unprotected sex and my partner asked me to remove the condom because it was hurting him. I am scared that I might have gotten it from that person.


salamat.... (Thanks)

XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX,

Thank you for the email. Thank you for reading my blog.

It is always scary to get ourselves tested. But it would be scarier if we later find out that we got tested too late. Some people have AIDS already before they got tested, with low CD4 count, weak immune system and with opportunistic infections. Not only will it compromise our health, being sickly all the time, but it would drain our finances.

My advice to you is to go to RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate as soon as possible since you have already had unprotected sex which possibly exposed you to the virus. It doesn't matter whether you are a top, versa, bottom during sexual intercourse or you just had oral sex, the transmission of HIV is still possible in any scenario. 

RITM-Satellite is the most discreet HIV testing facility in the country. The staff there are well trained and really, they do the procedure with utmost confidentiality, as required by the law. I haven't experienced a complaint yet about the facility so I can say that it can be trusted, so don't worry. Just go there and get tested. They are open from Monday to Sunday, from 9am to 6pm. Their cutoff time for the test is 3pm so make sure you come in early. You can also get the result in just 2 hours which is almost 100% accurate since they do 2 tests there so no more 2 week waiting period unlike in other testing centers or hospitals.

I hope I was able to answer your question. Feel free to ask me again if you have other concerns.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


*** Please answer the poll question on the LEFT SIDE of the Main Page. I want to hear from you!

© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: