Email 82: Take the HIV Test Again!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:50 AM

Hello Pozziepinoy,

I was reading about your blog for the past couple of weeks I find it very helpful especially for me.
I started worrying about HIV for the past 2 months when I started to feel something related to HIV. I must say that I experience  almost all of the symptoms that I have read on the internet. Last week I went to RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate to finally do the test and after waiting for about 2hours I got my result. It was negative or non reactive, thank God. it has been 3 1/2 months after my possible exposure. 


I just want to ask if I can consider this conclusive? Am I off the hook now? They perforn rapid test and do you think that it should be enough for me to move on with my dilemma? I was just wondering because I think I have oral thrush now for about a month now. It's just worying me because my tongue's color is always white.


XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE


Hi XXX,

Thanks for your email and thank you for reading my blog entries.

I am proud of you for taking the HIV test. I am happy too that the result showed non reactive. However, always remember that HIV is a slow replicating virus so it is best to take the HIV test again after 3 months to really make sure that you don't have it. 

The HIV test conducted by RITM Satellite is composed of two tests so it is pretty accurate. However, like what I said, HIV is a slow replicating virus which means it is possible that during the time of the test, the virus hasn't replicated for it to be detected in your bloodstream, so I always recommend what all the HIV doctors say, which is to take the test again 3 months after the initial HIV test to really know if you are off the hook. Doctors would recommend a yearly HIV test if you have a very active in sex so you can do that as well.

Regarding your "oral thrush', well it could be anything so the best way to know is to really consult a doctor. By doing this you will be preventing a possible aggravation of an infection in your body.

I hope I was able to answer your question. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: