Email 60: Needing Courage and Strength

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:46 PM

Hi Pozzie!

I am such a fan of your personal blog. Thank you for giving me hope in so many ways. I am on a waiting period for the confirmatory results to be out. I followed your advice to do extensive research about HIV and all the good stuffs. 

I am planning to seek medical assistance at San Lazaro Hospital for it is just near home. Just heard that it is crowded there already, now adding to my frustration and worries. 

Currently I am unemployed and doesn’t know what to do. So many problems and fear are eating me up. Can I still work? I am in fear of PhilHealth contributions plus add the tests to be taken.

Please give me courage and strength to move forward and carry on with this trial. Please help me and guide me with my dilemma. So scared of pneumonia, meningitis and those Oi.

Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your email. That you too for finding strength in my blog entries. It is really the purpose of my blog: to share information about HIV, to find answer to all concerns and to give hope to those who need it. I am proud of you for listening to me when I wrote that while waiting for the confirmatory result, to empower yourself with all the knowledge about HIv. Trust me, you will be better equipped with the strength and courage once you get your result. 

I am glad that you are choosing San Lazaro Hospital as your treatment hub. It is pertinent to me to find a hub nearest your place so it will be pretty accessible whenever you need it. All the hubs in the country are becoming crowded so the best way to deal with it is to come early so you will be in front of the line.

Being unemployed is not an obstacle to tests and treatment. Always remember that some hubs provide free lab tests. RITM-ARG is one of those hubs that give free lab tests including the CD4 test. You can definitely go back to work. HIV test is not a pre-employment requirement and it is against the law in the country for companies to do so.

Always remember that HIV is not a death sentence anymore. It is like having diabetes or hyperstension, that, even though there is no cure yet, you can have free daily maintenance medicines for the virus to not replicate and weaken your immune system. I, for one, was on my death bed before but after taking my ARV's for one year, my immune system has rebounded fast. I never got sick again, even the slightest cold. I know that my immune system is strong now.

 I believe, like most of us, you too can have our strength and courage in facing the obstacles brought about by HIV. Emailing me is one good step and your researches, another. 

I hope I was able to answer your questions and concerns. Feel free to email me again if you   are seeking for more information.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



*** Please answer the poll question on the LEFT SIDE of the Main Page. I want to hear from you!


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: