Email 85: "The Changes in Me"

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:47 AM
Hi POZZIE,

I have been reading your blogs about HIV positivism, about encouragements and about your own experiences regarding the disease. I must say, somehow, I feel related to those who are battling with the disease, including you. Four months ago I had an anal-sex intercourse with a guy whose at the same age as me (19). I got a fever a week later a really serious fever. Then I started having anxiety about my possible HIV infection.



I've read a lot about the disease," tons" of information I have digested and all of them seemed like they were making me more scary. The disease is really devastating.
I carried the fear for the past four months, since June 2012. 

I already convinced myself that I was already HIV positive and that I had to take precaution on my actions to avoid having the disease transmitted. I've read one of your blogs during that four months, it gave me inspiration. And I just wanna thank you for that.

My life is forever changed because of that HIV issue I faced. But, I just wanna share this too.

Last October 19, 2012, I gathered all the strength I have and went to the Social Hygiene Clinic in Batasan Hills, near Sandiganbayan and had myself TESTED.

The staffs are good, they treated me well and as if I were their younger brother. I was emotional that time, because of the fear of knowing and confirming that I am HIV positive.
Fast forwarding, the test turned NEGATIVE. I am not infected with HIV.

I consider the test conclusive since it was the fourth month and the case in which the HIV antibody appears only in the 6th month is when a person has an immunodeficiency disease like cancer, and I have none.

I just wanna say thank you, because through your posts I am able to reflect what it is like to be HIV positive, to know that IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD, to realize that everything happens for a reason. Though I am not HIV positive, I can really really to those who positive, because I once considered myself as one.

Please continue on in your goal of enlightening many, words of encouragement are priceless.

We can all hope that through the advances in the modern medicine, the HIV/AIDS vaccine is now possible. We just need to pray.

THANKS A LOT POZZIE , GOD BLESS YOU! AND ALL OF US WHO SHARE THE SAME VISION. GOD IS ALWAYS WITH US :)

THANK YOU

MON (not his real name)


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE


Hi Mon,

Thank you for your email and thank you for reading my blog.

You have given hope to all of us, both PLHIV's and the people who got tested and turned out negative. I wish everybody will have the same courage like you have.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: