Email 59: What To Do next?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:56 PM

"Hi pozziepinoy,

Good day! You can call me XXX and I'm 28 yrs old. I just received my confirmatory letter last XXX.  Final result positive on HIV antibody. The clinic that I had tested didn't give any referral to any doctor or hospital. I want to ask for your help what should I do next? Should I go now to RITM? I'm bothered coz im getting weaker and some OI manifested already like mouth sore (candidiasis), fever (on and off). 

I'm not financially stable to pay for all the lab tests. I hope you can refer  me to treatment  hub. I read that for first timer at RITM will give free test. I'm looking forward to be check as soon as possible. 

Thank you so much. Kudos to your blog. GOD Bless us all. :)

XXX

POZZIEPINOY’S REPLY


Hi XXX,

Thanks for your email. I am so glad I am able to reach out to people who are seeking help. 

Regarding your concern, yes, go to a treatment hub immediately so you will know your health status and the state of your immune system. Since my hub is RITM-ARG in Alabang, I highly recommend it. However, like what I said before, the first criteria in choosing a hub is a person’s accessibility and proximity to it so just in case there is an emergency the treatment hub is easy to go to.

With regards to your financial concern, RITM-ARG still provides free baseline lab tests and CD4. Just make sure to bring your confirmatory result when you go there. Also, make sure you come to the clinic before 8am so you will be first in line. The cutoff of CD4 test is 10am so coming in early can assure you that you will be entertained.  You can also get the CD4 result that day (around 3pm) so you can finish all your labs while waiting.

I emailed you my contact number just in case you want more assistance. I also emailed you the staff in RITM-ARG to look for. Just tell them that pozziepinoy referred you and they know what to do.

I wish I was able to provide you with the information that you need. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



*** Please answer the poll question on the LEFT SIDE of the Main Page. I want to hear from you!

© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: