Email 78: One More OFW Story

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:13 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

Just had my screening test yesterday at XXX hospital and the result is reactive. They took enough samples anyways for confirmatory test, was told that I have to wait for  a week or more.

Just like with the previous email sender i am an OFW too working in XXX. I also rushed back here in Philippines last week when the HIV test result from one clinic I had had been pending for a day. I got the hint from there. I've heard of stories with HIV positive guys being accosted by police to airport to be deported.


Trying to be strong, I told my sister about it but not my parents and my other siblings. You see I don't have much savings too. Ill be at the mercy of my sister's help for now but I promised her that I'll find ways to earn a living here once I settle with all the check up I need. For now I'm spending my days trying to research about HIV through internet that's why I happen to come accross your blog.

I would greatly appreciate too if you can extend help to me on what to do next. 


Worried but hoping,
XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX,

I received a lot of emails of OFW's who like you ran back home when they sensed that their HIV test seemed positive. Like you, they used to work in a country where OFW's get accosted by cops to the airport to be deported.

Well, I am glad that you are back home and got yourself tested. I am glad that you already talked to your sister about your HIV status. I am proud of you for being proactive. You need all the help and support you can get, even from one sibling and this really helps with the acceptance process.

For now, while waiting for the confirmatory, there is nothing you can do but empower yourself with all the information about HIV. Here are some things that you can do while waiting:

1. What To Do Once You're A Pozzie
2. Scared About HIV
3. Clueless
4. Next Steps

I hope I was able to extend my help. Please feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: