Email 61: OFW Needs 6-7 Months Supply of ARV's

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:49 PM

Hello Pozzie. 

I came upon your blog site yesterday through google and was very glad I did and have to say that people are truly lucky to still have a selfless person as you to be an inspiration through hard times.  The reason why I was so desperate to look for something online is that I was diagnosed HIV positive 2 months ago in the XXX. I work on a cruise ship and travels all the time.  I spend 6 to 7 weeks max for work break here in the Philippines and is gone again after that.  
I was lucky enough to enrol in PGH - SAGIP and was issued 3 months supply of meds. But the thing is that I work for at least four to 7 months on the ship at a time and so far no answer from SAGIP if they'll be allowing to release 3 months more of supply of meds for me. 

 I've been wondering if you have a suggestion for me and also I would really really like to have a recommendation for a support group or somebody just to share my experiences with as I've been having so many unanswered questions in my mind right now.  Really hoping you could help.

With all my appreciation,
XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX

Thank you very much for your email. It is good that people are finding my blog. I am happy that I am able to provide optimism to people here in the internet.

I encountered a question like yours before and I already asked the staff of RITM-ARG about it. Dr. Ditangco and Ate Ellen said before that they can provide 6-12 months supply of ARV's to OFW's.
If PGH-SAGIP can't provide you with the supply of ARV's just email me again and maybe I can link you up with the staff of RITM-ARG to help you out with your problem. The only thing that you will be needing to do is to transfer all your papers and labs to RITM-ARG so they can accommodate you. That is, as I said, if PGH-SAGIP won't give you your supply.

XXX, you can always ask me if you have other concerns. Questions that are thrown at me, I answer them by asking the head of RITM-ARG, Dr. Ditangco or the staff in the treatment hub. In this way, I can provide you with the most accurate answer possible.

I hope I was able to answer your question. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


*** Please answer the poll question on the LEFT SIDE of the Main Page. I want to hear from you!

© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 
Image by FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Tags: HIV Manila, HIV Philippines, AIDS Manila, AIDS Philippines, HIV/AIDS Manila, HIV/AIDS Philippines