PLHIV Story: My Experience with RITM-ARG

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:59 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

As promised, here is my experience with RITM-ARG when I went there last August.

Anyways for those who don't know, I was diagnosed as HIV positive and my story was recently shared in this blog too : Email78: Another OFW Story.

When I learned that I was reactive in my HIV test, I didn't waste my time but spent hours learning about my predicament through internet that's why I happen to come accross Pozziepinoy's blog.

So here it goes, as advised by Pozziepinoy, I went to RITM-ARG before 8am so I could be first in line for check-up and lab works. I was already there around 7:30am and was surprised that there are already two guys waiting in line. When the staff arrived at 8am we went inside to register and got the number for whom to assist first. The ambiance in the office was cheerful but you'll feel it's efficient that's why I immediately felt comfortable hanging around the place.

So I went to talk with Ms. Letlet and Ms. Maram and they took my info. Since I only have a doctor's referral with me and not my confirmatory yet I was ready to pay for the
CD4 count lab test, but what did you know, they made it for free including all the test that goes with it! I just donated a small amount to the Love Fund since I saved a lot from it. Thank you RITM-ARG!! 

After Maram got some of my personal info, she gave me pieces of index card with corresponding lab tests to it. So i went to have my blood taken and while waiting for the CD4 count result, which I was told, would take 3 hours, I went back to ARG office so Marvin could brief me about the importance of PhilHealth membership. 

After a few hours of waiting, me and some of the few pozzies were called to one room where the doctors are, for our consultation and to get the cd4 count result. While waiting for our turn for doctors consultation, Ate Beth and two other nurses went to get our height and weight info.

When my name was called (they dont call you by your real name but your given code) I went inside the doctor's office and they broke the good news..my CD4 count is still high,  684 to be exact. The doctor told me that I dont have to start medication yet but just keep the number high by staying happy and live healthy. He even encouraged me to take up triathlon! But i told him I'll think it over but just continue working out in gym regularly. We were laughing and smiling all throughout my consultation that when it was finished I was all smiles and most of my fears were gone. Thank you Dr. De Vera for the very pleasant time with you and for the encouragement you gave me.

By the way, there were also another two newly diagnosed pozzies with me and we bacame friends and share our stories with each other. We exchanged numbers and promised to check each other once in a while.

And thank you Pozziepinoy for all the assistance you have extended to me. You are my inspiration to fight this battle and live a happy and productive life for years to come.

Best regards,
XXX



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: