Email 57: Need Insight

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:10 AM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

Good day.

I have just browsed your blog and I am so thankful for finding a site that inspired me to stand up and start the first step to treatment.

Let me just make it brief. I was just diagnosed positive with HIV last week...something that bothered me and derailed my concentration on my review for this XXX exams. I have not confided yet my status to anyone...I do not have the guts yet. 
Your insight on the following questions would be of great help:
1. I am planning to go to RITM anytime next week. May I know what day and time should I be there? Maraming tao or pila ba lagi dito?
2. Do I need to bring with me the test result?
3. Who shall I approach?
4. How much (amount) should I prepare? 
5. What other things must I do or prepare?
6. Any idea treatment whereabouts sa Makati Med?

Pasensya na medyo ngarag pa ako now....still in a state of shock....

Thank you very much and God Bless us all.


Sincerely,

XYZ


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XYZ,

Thank you for your email. Thanks too for reading my blog. I am glad that I am reaching to people through it.

Let me answer your questions in the order that you asked me.

1. RITM-ARG in Alabang is open from Monday to Friday. However, if you want to complete all the lab tests, don't come on Wednesdays as there is no CD4 testing during that day. Also come before 10am as it is their cutoff for their CD4. Best is if you can come before 8am so you will be first in line. There are a lot of patients coming in for treatment now so expect that you will see people waiting for their turn there.

2. Please bring the confirmatory HIV result and your PhilHealth membership papers (in case they would ask)

3. Approach anybody, or just look for Maram Bartolome, Marvin or Ate Beth. Mention my name, Pozziepinoy so they can assist you fast.

4. The labs and CD4 tests are free, however, the viral load test is P6,500-P7,500 there. If I were you, just in case bring P10,000.

5. Other things to prepare? Just those I pointed out..and of course a lot of courage.

6. I have a pozziefriend who goes to Makati Med for treatment. Of course, the labs are not free and from what I've heard, there is handling fee for the medicines. If I were you, just go to RITM as the HIV expects are already there.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. Please feel free to ask me again for other concerns.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: