"It's Negative!"

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:52 PM
This is what I received from a text of an individual who I assisted today for HIV testing in RITM Satellite Clinic.

This is his full text:

"Gud pm pozzie. I'm negative! Thank God. I promised to God that I will contribute to the Love Fund. Thanks so much for your help!"


I was so happy when I received it. Another person became responsible for his health, faced his fears, got tested and came back happy. Because of this he is willing to help others. Such a win-win situation!

This guy email me a few days back and worried that he might be infected with HIV as his ex partner turned out to be positive. He was guilty that he might be the one who infected him. I adviced him to just brace himself, read about HIV to empower himself and get himself tested.

Last night, he told me that he would come today so early in the morning while he was on his way to RITM satellite Clinic in Malate, I called Ate Beth and endorsed him to the staff in the clinic. A few hours later, he texted me this:

"Hi Pozzie. I just met Nurse Clang and they already took some blood. Thanks for this referral. You are right. I felt I was welcomed and I wasn't even scared."

I was so happy. However, I reminded him to take the HIV test again after 3 months and then again after 1 year. It is the protocol post exposure for HIV.

Sometimes we get scared to take the test because of the stigma attached to taking it. We think that society might judge us, but honestly speaking, it is us who put the stigma to the test!


*** Please answer the poll question on the LEFT SIDE of the Main Page. I want to hear from you!


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: