Email 83: Worried Woman

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:34 AM

Hello! 

I am 30 years old. Female. I had sex with a foreigner without using a condom. Sabi naman nya na test na sya many times and negative naman daw. Pero feeling ko na naparanoid ako. (TRANSLATION: He said that he got tested many times and he is negative. But I feel paranoid).


Honestly, I am so scared na magpa test... Parang dko kaya.
Pero I am healthy naman, wala naman ako naramdamang mga symptoms.
Kaya lang hindi na ako nakipag sex talaga... (TRANSLATION: Honestly, I am scared to get tested. I feel I can't handle it. But I am healthy and I don't feel any symptoms. However, I don't really have sex anymore).

Worried and scared sobra... Hindi naman ashamed.Wala pa naman akong pera if ever mag positive. (TRANSLATION: I am very worried and scared. I am not ashamed. I don't have money in case I would be positive).

Help na rin po kung paano din ako mag pa test ng STD. (TRANSLATION: Please help me how to get an STD Test).

Salamat po talaga. (Really, thank you).


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi.


Thank you for your email.

It is natural to be scared to take the test because of the fear of the result. But what is more scary is if you do it when you already have the complications of the disease which will only hurt you physically, emotionally and financially. In this case, it is better to be scared now than regret later on, right?

Being healthy right now is not a good excuse for you not to get tested. A lot of people that I got to know tested positive in the HIV test, yet they are still healthy up to now. The point is that it is not whether you have symptoms or illnesses that matter here but it is knowing whether or not you have the virus or not.

You are worried that if you turn out positive, you will be financially burdened. That won't happen unless you get an early diagnosis. Remember all the services and HIV medicines are free in the HIV treatment hubs. However, when you get a later diagnosis, when you already have infections or you are already ill, then definitely that would cost you more. Don't be like me. I was diagnosed late. I already had PCP and bibasal pneumonia when I got diagnosed so Tag (my partner, in case you haven't read my history) and I spent around P500,000 on hospital bills just to treat the infections.

Do it now, while you are healthy. Do it now, even though you are scared. You will be more thankful later on. It's a win-win situation, trust me.

Visit the RITM Satellite Clinic for both the HIV and STD tests. The staff are discrete and professional. They won't judge you. When you go there, tell them that POZZIEPINOY referred you so you will be assisted fast.

I hope I was able to lighten up your burden. Please feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: