Email 71: Waiting for the Confirmatory Result

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:58 PM

Hi Pozzie,
                    
Need some advice. My fiance was found to be positive to HIV test over 2 weeks ago. Her doctor told her just to wait now until the DOH contact her?????

How long does she wait before some one will assess her case? 

Hope you can give some advice here , sounds like you are switched on with this problem. 

Regards,

XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX,

Thanks for the email. 

I am sorry but it will take 2 to 3 weeks before you get the confirmatory result (the result of the Western Blot) from DOH, San Lazaro or RITM. I know the suspense is really a killer but you just have to be patient and still hope that it comes out negative.

While waiting though, it is best to read everything about HIV. This is to me is a win-win scenario. One, if it turns out positive, then you guys will know what you need to do next. If it turns out negative then you will know what not to do next time. In both case you get empowered by the information that you will get from my blog entries.

Please check out these links:

1. Next Steps
2. Scared About HIV
3. What To Do Once You're A Pozzie

Your fiancĂ© needs all the support that she can get from you. I got stronger because of my partner so try to be supportive of her especially now.

Please email me again if you have other concerns.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



*** Please answer the poll question on the LEFT SIDE of the Main Page. I want to hear from you!

© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: