Email 139: Searching For Other PLHIV's

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:54 AM

Dear Poozie,

Hello, I've read your blog and I'm inspired...I'm getting a real picture of what HIV all about. I was diagnosed last November and tomorrow is my CD4 test, my first...San Lazaro is my hub, under dr. archangel.  She asked me to do all blood tests, xray and fortunately all results are good. Honestly, I'm still scared, really scared...

Nobody knows about my case not even my family..I want to keep it for myself and don't want my sister or my mother have the burden...This is the reason why I emailed you. I need someone to talk to, perhaps a group of people with the same case, a new group of friends....

I'm working not for myself but for my nieces, helping them with their education.. All I have right now is my faith that everything will be fine...I want to live longer, longer enough to see my family in a stable way. Right now, I'm all alone facing this trial..

Hope you can help me find my way to feel lighter and fear no more, a feeling of someone right there keeping me smile and see life in an optimistic view....Hope you will find time to answer because i know that you are so busy.....please...take care and God bless...

Warm regards,
XXX


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding my blog and finding inspiration in it.

I understand your predicament at the moment. It is ok to be scared but I know that your doctor in San Lazaro Hospital will take care of you. Just follow whatever she tells you to do and you will be just fine.

It is ok for you to keep your status to yourself for the meantime. Of course, it is best that your family and your loved ones know whats going on with your health. Take your time, though and open up when you are confident enough. In my case, I told my family immediately as I want to clear up my mind and just focused on my getting well. It really helped me and my healing process. Acceptance is not only by yourself but by accepting the fact that your loved ones need to know you without pretentions.

There are a lot of pozzies who are reading my blog so I sure they can reach out to you. Also you can follow me on twitter @pozziepinoy and you can add the other pozzies who are my friends there. There is a big community of HIV positives in the Philippines and by this blog and my twitter account you will be able to reach out to a lot of us.

Good luck with your CD4. No matter what it is, just focus on what you can control, which is your health. Always stay positive, do what your doctor tells you to do and have a healthy lifestyle, always.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: