World AIDS Day: What It Means To Me

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 2:27 PM


"Today is World AIDS Day. I hope to see a day when we do not have to be scared & ignorant and where people will live and not die of HIV. I hope to see the Philippines being free from HIV & AIDS and where people whose lives were inflicted and affected by this virus will live in a society that is genuinely understanding, accepting and loving and not discriminating, hurting and self-righteous. 

But that hope needs action. An action that should start within myself. That I pledge to tirelessly support all efforts to end discrimination among people living with HIV and to continue advocating for every human life worth of mutual dignity and respect. In these simple ways, I pledge to take action."


Alvin Dakis
President & CEO, Alliance of Young Nurse Leaders & Advocates International
Health Committee Chairperson, National Anti-Poverty Commission Youth & Students Sectoral Council, 
Office of the President