Email 141: Hub Doctor Concerns

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:11 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

I got ur email add from your blog. 

I am positive and currently with SAGIP. I've been with ARV's for 1 year now and fortunately I am responding well. I just need to talk to someone because honestly, I am not happy with my doctor. It takes time and effort to get a reply from him and also I don't understand why I need to pay for my CD4 test when I think it should be under Philhealth.

XXX

CONTRIBUTOR'S RESPONSE
Hello,

Glad to hear that you are responding well with your ARV.

I am also with S.A.G.I.P-PGH and so far I had no issues with my past and current doctor. I always make sure that I have a good relationship with them. I think it's better to talk to your doctor, tell him your concerns, try to be transparent with him.

As for the CD4 test, did you ask your doctor or the nurses in S.A.G.I.P why do you have to pay for your CD4 test? What did they tell you? Because as far as I know, once you're already on treatment your CD4 test should be covered by PhilHealth.

I hope that everything goes well.


Stay Healthy,
positHIVe
Philippine Contributor

"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 
Image by Google Image