Email 146: Concerned About ARV's

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:54 AM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

I recently discovered that I am positive. The doctor said to call after three weeks. I'm concerned about the expenses for ARV's like, how much are they? I am unemployed at the moment.

Thanks 
XXX


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding my blog.

Although there is still a 50-50 chance of being negative since you still don't have your confirmatory yet, let us still hope for the best. However, I am proud of you since you are already taking steps by researching about HIV and ARV's. Unlike others you are already facing it head on which is good for your acceptance of the virus.

With regards to your question, ARV's and HIV treatment/labs are free in the government HIV/AIDS treatment hubs in the country. Of course, you have to pay for the labs if you are going to the treatment hubs in private hospitals and there is a handling fee for ARV's. Right now they are being subsidized by the Global Fund and PhilHealth. So don't be concerned about it. However, while waiting try to process your PhilHealth membership and read more about the treatment process in the country. Research about the different treatment hubs so in case the confirmatory result turns out to be positive, you will know what to do next.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: