Email 151: About the HIV Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:47 AM

Hi Pozzie,

I'm XXX, I'm 20 years old from Manila and I'm gay. I've been reading your blogs and one of them is about RITM Satellite Clinic that offers free hiv testing. I had myself tested kasi last year sa XXX. It was non reactive tapos I was advised to come back after six months for a retest but I didn't come back. I always practice a safe sex rule when it comes to casual sex. However, it didn't apply to my ex-boyfriend (which is six years older than I) because he liked having unprotected sex. I'm confident that I was faithful to him. However, I have doubts because I know his history even before we were together and I also know his activities during our relationship. Because I love him then, I didn't demand to get us both to be tested. I opened it once but he didn't want to. 




I hope you can help me. Is there a way to get tested for hiv/aids for free? I just started working again last XXX and we don't have any resources.  Also is the  Western Blot Test free too?

Thank you so much.

All the best,
XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding and reading mg blog. I hope you can find useful information from my blog entries.

I am proud of you for taking the initiative to get tested. You are young and yet you are more courageous than most in getting yourself tested. However, next time you have a relationship, it is not enough to just trust your heath with a partner who you love. The virus is still on the rise in the country so make it a point that before you have unprotected sex with your partner, both of you should have an HIV test. It doesn't matter if one is positive or both of you are negative. What is important is the fact that you guys love each other and that you guys are being responsible to take care of each of your bodies as you physically connect with each other.

Regarding your question, the HIV Test (rapid test and particle agglutination test) in RITM Satellite Clinic is free for MSM, check out the link of RITM Satellite Clinic for it's clinic hours.



I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: