Email 159: PLHIV Seeking Assistance

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:46 AM

Hello po Pozziepinoy. 

I am XXX. I was diagnosed to have HIV with pneumonia last Oct 2012 and eventually had CMV retinonitis. I'm confined in RITM Alabang since November until now. I got blurred vision and I am unable to read. I can read a bit now and I'm thankful. 



I'm searchng the net hoping to find an organization that can help me out because I'm so worried about my hospital bills as they are getting bigger. Though PhilHealth shares some portion but still I couldnt afford to shoulder the remaining amount.

I've been hospitalized last May 2012 due to PTB. I already spent my savings and I'm nowhere to go. I'm just wondering if you know an organization who can help me with my problem. Nakakahiya man pero I'm taking chances. And also according to the doctor I have to take ganciclover for minimum of 6 months. Senya sa unstructured email. I'm just using my phone. The doctor said I will take ganciclovr for six mos. Here is my number XXX thanks in advance.

Merry Christmas po.  God bless.

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thanks for finding my blog.

I know it is hard to have our disease like hours topped with infections. I was in your situation a year and a few months ago. Like you I was also confined because of my pneumonia. In your case it is compounded by CMV Retinitis. But I have talked to people who were in more serious scenario and they are doing great right now. As a matter of fact, I was in the RITM Christmas party yesterday and I met two PLHIV's who had the same infections as you have and they are partying with the staff and other PLHIV. One had CMV Retinitis too and when he came to RITM, he was assisted by his grandmother because he wasn't able to see. Yesterday he came to the clinic alone as he can see clearly now. There is hope my friend, and all you have to do is to really focus on getting well and follow what your doctors will tell you to do.

With regards to your question about medical assistance, we can help you out as we have already have helped a lot of PLHIV's from RITM Alabang who sought for medical assistance when it comes to hospital bills and medicines through either The Love Fund or PCSO. First step is for you to ask somebody to go down to RITM-ARG and look for Maram, Ate Beth or Marvin. Tell them that Pozziepinoy referred you for medical assistance. All they will do is evaluate your situation and will furnish with all the requirements and they will help you in getting assistance from The Love Fund/PCSO. Once you get approved for assistance, Dr. Ditangco, the head of RITM-ARG will text me and I will take it from there. Trust me, we have helped a lot of people in RITM so don't worry. Just make sure that you do what I tell you to do. 

By the way, I gave gifts to all pozzies who are confined in RITM Alabang. I didn't personally go to wards to distribute but I tasked Marvin to give them to all of you. I hope you received yours. The gifts came from all my friends who are non PLHIV's. 

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.

Merry Christmas to you!


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: