Being in RITM's Christmas Party

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:20 AM

Last Friday was the Christmas Party of RITM-ARG. I was there. Nobody knows me except the staff of RITM-ARG. I haven't even met in person the staff of RITM Satellite Clinic. I have been an online counsellor for a year now and I help PLHIV's through my blog and by communicating with the staff of both RITM-ARG and RITM Satellite. However, once in a while I go and visit the staff and some patients in the hospital.

Prior to going there, I asked all my non poz friends and coworkers for contributions for gifts to be given to AIDS patents who are confined in RITM. I coordinated with Dr. Ditangco and she authorized Marvin to give me updates on a daily basis so I will know how many gifts I will bring there. Tag was excited that we are doing this and we really scheduled our trip to Alabang so we can give the gifts. My maid and I got busy the entire week wrapping gifts. I was really excited.

The day came. Carrying 2 paper bags full of gifts and boxes of Krispy Kreme for the party, Tag and I drove to Alabang. I told Tag that I will just drop them off as I didn't plan to stay there long. I went straight to ARG and Marvin helped me with the bags. He told me that there were 7 patients who were confined but I told him that I brought 25 gifts. I instructed him to just give the rest of the gifts to the other poz who will be attending the party. I got an embrace from Ate Beth, Maram and Let. Dr. Ditangco wasn't there yet but Ate Beth said that she was expecting me. I just put my gift on her table.

Ate Beth and I then went to the other room where the Christmas Party will be held. I sat down as Maram wrote numbers to our gifts. Then Ate Beth called me again and introduced me to a patient. I remembered his name. He was a CMV patient who was helped by The Love Fund (TLF) and PCSO. He still had blurry vision but he was there standing, holding a mic and singing his guts out. He embraced me when he heard my name. He said that even though he is not completely healed yet, he is so happy with his treatment. Ate Beth then introduced me to his mom. The mom was shocked to see me there, hugged and kissed me on my cheek and kept on thanking me for all the help. I never expected it. I wanted to cry but I held my tears back. I was happy that somehow I was able to help her son.

I sat once again, just enjoying what I was seeing inside the room. I looked around. There was a Christmas tree with gifts underneath, there was the karaoke machine and there was a long table with plates of food. I was seated on one of the monoblock chairs at the back of the room. A guy in yellow approached me and ask me to sign the attendance sheet. I said I will just write down my code name. I wrote down 'Pozziepinoy'. He read it and smiled at me. He asked if I am the same person from the blog and I said I am. He said that he can't believe that he was actually talking to me. He thanked me for everything that I doing. After shaking my hand, he left. Ate Beth came back and she introduced me to another patient. I also remembered his name. He was another CMV patient with skin rash that was confined weeks ago. I remembered when he came to the hospital, he was assisted by his grandma because he can't see because of his CMV Retinitis. We helped him through TLF and PSCO for all his medical assistance and he was recently discharged. I embraced him and he kept on thanking me. He said that he is happy that he finally have met me. He said that his vision is clear now and he came to ARG all by himself. Wow. Once again, I almost cried for joy.

I stayed in the venue for only a few more minutes. I know Ate Beth will introduce me to the other PLHIVs that we have helped. I want to be anonymous to them. I want to be a person who just stays in the background. I went to Ate Beth, Maram and Let and told them that I needed to go.

Tag and I had late lunch in Alabang Town Center but Ate Beth texted that Dr. Ditangco wanted to see me if I was still in the area. I told Tag that I might as well drop by before we go back to Manila. He once again dropped me off in the hospital and I just greeted Dr. Ditangco in her clinic. We talked for a minute. Still she was busy with paperworks eventhough it was their Christmas Party. I then met Lean and Phil from RITM Satellite Clinic. We talked briefly as I really needed to go back to work. I looked inside the Christmas Party room and it was already full packed. Lean walked me out of the clinic and I introduced him to Tag.

That night Ate Beth told me that they were lots of PLHIV's who came late to the party because of the bad traffic. There were lots of food and gifts and everybody had fun. I was glad. Well, I was glad that this year, I was able to come. This year I was able to see and hear that everybody had fun in sharing their time with the people of RITM ARG and RITM Satellite Clinic, who are always there, bringing cheers to all of us everyday of the year!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to the staff of both RITM-ARG and RITM Satellite Clinic! Cheers to everyone!




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: