Email 143: Another Angel

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:40 PM

Hi,

I am MIKO, I have been answering questions on your blog chat for the past few days. I had my CD4 count yesterday at RITM-ARG and it went very good!

From 515 last March 2012, my CD4 boost up to 650 this month. I am very happy with the output and doctors from RITM are very proud of me. It simply means that I do not have to take any ARV's yet and I just have to maintain a healthy lifestyle and continue living my life normally.

I also met new set of friends, some of them are first timers and we just had a quality time sharing each other experiences. I'm happy to hear that amidst being positive, we were able to find that we are never alone in this battle.

What broke my heart was when my fellow pozzies found out that their CD4 went down from their last count. They have been taking ARV's for a year already and some of them came from provinces just to have their CD4 checked and have refills. 

They have been asking me what I did to achieve such count. Honestly I just changed my ENTIRE OUTLOOK IN LIFE, EAT HEALTHY FOODS AND JOG ATLEAST ONCE A WEEK AND MOST IMPORTANTLY . . . PRAY HARDER.

I have plans on becoming a motivational speaker or at least a counselor to help my fellow individuals cope up with life.

I have attached two (2) pictures which helps me with my everyday living. I am hoping that you will be able to share it through your blog and pozzies will find what I found with these pictures.



I will try my best answering questions on your chat blog to help you somehow. I know that you do not have the entire time in the world to answer all of them. I am hoping to also meet you one day at RITM-ARG.

I will email you soon and will suggest books that will encourage pozzies to live life ONE STEP AT TIME.

Thank you and continue inspiring.

Miko



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Miko.

Thanks for your email. I am happy that you found my blog and and I appreciate that you are helping me in answering direct questions in the Chat Box. I really need all the help that I can get from fellow pozzies and you being there to respond to any queries in the Chat Box is such a blessing.

I am proud of you for having a good attitude. It really pays off if you focus on your health. This really showed in your CD4 count. 

I have the same attitude like you. My initial CD4 was only 70 and now it is 487. The technique was the same as you did. Have a healthy lifestyle, eat the right kinds of food, exercise and pray harder. My key to success, on the other hand is based on two words: BELIEF and ACT. 

1. Belief in myself, that I will be well and will do whatever it takes to be healthy and combat any illness by having a healthy lifestyle, eating the right kinds of food, by having a regular exercise.

2. Belief in the wisdom of my doctors and following all that they want me to do.

3. Belief in the power of the ARV's and following all the intake schedules, following strict compliance and adherence, not missing any doses or skipping intakes.

4. Belief that the cure is looming in the horizon but for now, my job is to live a healthy, normal and fruitful life and enjoy my life to the fullest.

Like you, I would want to become a motivational speaker or a certified counsellor someday.  Dr. Ditangco wants me to and she said she will call me when there is a scheduled counselor's training. Maybe you can join us. I also looked into getting trained in the US. For now, I know with what capacity I am doing in my blog, I am able to reach out to a lot of people, assisting them through the process from HIV Testing to HIV treatment, to managing questions and exchanging wisdoms, to helping PLHIV's with medical assistance for treatment through The Love Fund and PCSO.


Once again. Thank you for all your help. My Chat Box is yours, to share your great wisdom, to share positivism and to uplift PLHIV's spirit. If you wish to write articles about HIV and AIDS, just email them to me so I can put them in my blog. If you want to be a contributor, just let me know.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: