Time for My Vaccinations

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:54 PM
All of us PLHIV's should always prevent infections and illnesses. We should always put in our minds that whenever we get sick, the virus replicates which in turn can further lower down our immune system. One way of preventing infections is by getting vaccinations.



Last year, I asked Dr. Ditangco about vaccinations and she recommended 4 vaccinations for me: influenza (flu), pneumococcal, hepa B and meningococcal vaccinations. The first three were all given last December 2011 and the latter last January 2012. My hepa B vaccination was in a series of 3 shots.

I just checked my vaccination record and I am already due for my yearly flu vaccine. In that case, I will be returning to RITM-ARG any day next week to get my shot. 

We PLHIV's should all be working towards protecting ourselves from infections. We all have weakened immune systems and our primary responsibility to ourselves is to not get sick. 

So, time for my vaccinations once again. Time to boost up my defense against flu for next year! 



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: