Yoga and HIV

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:53 PM
A year and a few months ago, when I was recovering from pneumonia, 10 days post diagnosis and post confinement, I stayed home for 26 days prior to taking my ARV's as I was still on pneumonia medications. At that time I stopped working and Tag told me that I should just keep my body strong for the upcoming ARV treatment.
At home it was stressful because I couldn't stop thinking that I have HIV. I knew that stress is a major deterrent to recovery so I resorted to one of the best mind-body exercises: yoga.

Yoga, aside from improving flexibility based on the different postures or asanas, it also improves strength, breathing pattern, mood, concentration, improves blood circulation, strengthens the heart and improves posture. 

For us PLHIV's it is a good way to relax and be in tune with ourselves. It helps us to focus and think better.

Here is a sample of a Yoga Exercise: the Hatha Yoga





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 
Image by Google Image
Video by YouTube