Email 152: About Lab Fees and PhilHeath

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:14 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

Free ba talaga ang CD4 kahit na your not able to use your PhilHealth? Kasi I can't use it pa dahil mataas pa CD4 ko eh. I go there (RITM-ARG) for check up lalo pag may nararamdaman ako and I have to pay for my labs if ever may sinabi ang doctor. Medyo naguguluhan lang ako kasi everytime na pupunta ako iba iba yung doctor na tumitingin skin and iba iba din yung binibigay nilang mga lab tests and iba iba din yung sinasabi nila. 


Is it possible na I can talk to the same doctor na tumingin sa akin nung last time?

Salamat. 

(Translation

Is the CD4 test really free even though you don't use your PhilHealth? I can't use it still because my CD4 is still high. I go there (RITM-ARG) for check up especially when I feel something and I have to pay for my labs if ever they are advised by the doctor. I am just confused because everytime I would go there, the doctor is different from the previous who checked me up, they give different lab tests and they give different advices.

Is it possible that I can talk to the same doctor who checked me up the last time? 

Thank you.


DR. ROSSANA DITANGCO'S RESPONSE


Hi everyone,

Just to clarify things:

1. Technically only PHILHEALTH members who are on ARV's are qualified for the free laboratory tests and these tests would only include the regular tests written in the clinical guidelines. This means that if the doctor requests for tests for other reasons outside of the guidelines then those will not be covered.

2. For non PHILHEALTH members and on ARV they could avail of FREE tests similar to PHILHEALTH members.

3. For those not yet on ARV they can have FREE baseline tests if they are new patients and free CD4 and CBC every 6months

4. If you have questions regarding PHILHEALTH benefits or what tests you can get for free please take the opportunity while you are waiting for your turn to be called for consultation at the clinic to talk to the PHILHEALTH officer in the ARG office. They know better the rules than the doctors who are just oriented on the medical management.

It is really ideal for a patient to see the same doctor every consult but reality is this won't be practical in government facilities but you can ask the doctor if it would be possible for you to see him during your next visit. I'm sure some of them won't mind. In the meantime if you have any questions regarding your concern or want to clarify any issue, don't be afraid or shy or try to bug whoever is on board. After all it is your health that is at stake here. 

P.S. If your doctor is not referring your case to me it means there is nothing to worry about


By the way we also serve FREE COFFEE while you wait.

Cheers!
Dr Ditangco
Head, RITM-ARG