Email 161: Courage to Take The Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:22 AM

Hi Pozziepinoy.

Nagbasa ko ang mga blogs mo, grabe, noon kinakabahan ako magpatest pero ngayon after reading yours blogs eh mejo lumakas na rin ang loob ko. Plano ko next week, pero d ko masasabi na ready na ko to get tested.


Kung magpositive ako, ewan ko lang what the future holds. Ang tanging hiling ko lang pag nagpositive ako eh magkaron pa rin ako ng trabaho. Graduating student po kasi ako, at wala pang kakayahan financially. 

I had  a bf once. It has been 3 months na din since na makipagbreak ako. He's always telling me na wala syang HIV kaya ayun I trusted him for about 14 months. During the first 3 months of our relationship, I preferred having protected sex with him, pero dumaan ang ilang mga bwan unprotected na. Mas marami syang karanasan kesa sakin.  Ako I had sex unprotected with a guy before unexpectedly. That was 4 years ago na rin.  Next is yung ex bf ko.

Tanong ko lang po. Can I still acquire a decent job if I am HIV positive? Mabubuhay po ba ako hanggang sa pagtanda ko na parang normal life lang? I know mas maganda malaman hangga't maaga kung positive ka. Marami na rin akong nabasa sa net at nabroaden din naman ang knowledge regarding HIV and AIDS. 

Kayo po ilang taon na kyong may HIV? 

RSVP . Salamat po , GOD BLESS. 


XXX


Translation:

I read your blog entries. Before I get scared to get a test but now after reading your blog entries, I got a little courage to do it. I plan to do it next week but I can't say that I am ready to be tested.

If the result turns our positive, I don't know what the future holds for me. My only wish is that if I tunr positive, that I can still have a job. I am a graduating student I have no capacity financially.

I had a bf once and it has been 3 months since we broke up. He's been telling me that he is HIV negative so I just believed him for about 14 months. During the first 3 months of our relationship, I preferred having protected sex with him, but as months passed, we had been having unprotected sex. He has more experience with others than me. I only had unprotected sex unexepctedly with only one guy. That was 4 years go and the last was with my ex bf.

I have a question. Can I still have a decent job if I am HIV positive? Will I live until I get old, and have a normal life? I know it is better to know one's status as early as possible. I have read a lot over the net and my knowledge has broadened regarding HIV and AIDS.

How long have you had HIV?

RSVP. Thanks you and God Bless.

XXX




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for getting information from my blog entries.

I am glad that through my blog I was able to give you the courage to take the HIV Test. I know it is scary at first but all you have to do is not think about it and just go for it. It is like going for a bungee jump and when you are there, don't think but just let yourself go. It is the same with the HIV Test. Just decide to go and get it done. This is for yourself. This is for your future. This is for your loved ones.You are right in saying that it is best to know your status now before it is too late. You may have been exposed so better take responsibility now. Plan and just go for it.

To keep your mind calm, even if you are HIV positive, you will have all the opportunities here in the country when it comes to employment. HIV is not an obstacle as it is against the law for companies to discriminate you based on your HIV status. You will also not be required to submit your HIV status prior to employment. So don't worry.

With regards to having a long life, there are people who are enjoying their lives and have been living with HIV for decades now. Of course, we still don't know how long we are going to live as the virus itself and treatment have been discovered decades ago. But from what I know, while we are still waiting for the cure, we have to make ourselves as healthy as possible so we can live a very productive life. I have had HIv for a year and a few months only but I am optimistic that the cure is on the horizon and that I have to live my life to the fullest, by having a healthy lifestyle and avoiding infections, while waiting for that time to come.

In your case, take the test next week. Don't think about it anymore. You are doing what is right. Once you are done, email me back and share to everybody your experience. In case you opt to go to RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate, look for Lean or Phil and tell them that Pozziepinoy referred you.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: