World AIDS Day: What It Means To Me

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:48 AM


"World AIDS Day ultimately means new hope to me and to everyone out there who are somehow afraid of the disease. December 1 signifies unity of a unique community full of strength, cooperation, love and mutual respect towards one another.

It has been a struggle every single day but with the support of the community, the worries lessened and the emotional baggage becomes few. This day also serves as a reminder for me of my personal commitment to help other people, particularly the youth of the LGBT community, with regards to HIV/AIDS awareness and testing. I acquired the disease because of lack of information and reinforcement, and I believe that it is my obligation to help others through my own simple ways. I have been given new life because of my early diagnosis, and it is time for me to give back."


Pinoy Positive
PLHIV