Email 163: My ARV's are Running Out!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:43 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

Do you know where I can buy efavirenz tablets (Estiva-600)and lamivudine/zidovudine tablets? I get my medications for free but my doctor in San Lazaro Hospital in SACCL had an early vacation leave and my meds are running out. I got a prescription from my other doctor and tried buying at Mercury but they don't have efavirenz. I was diagnosed with HIV for a year now, and luckily, my body is responding well to the medications. 

I would really appreciate it if you can help. Thanks.


XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

With regards to your question, you can't buy ARV's in the country in all pharmacies. They are subsidized by the Global Fund and by PhilHealth and they are controlled by the DOH. In case you want to buy them outside the country, it will cost you $2,000 to $3000 per month's supply.

So here is my advice. Go back to SLH SACCL and you should ask any HIV doctor in the hub to help you with your problem. They won't push you away as you are their patient. It just so happened that your doctor is on leave. In case they won't give you any ARV's, then email me back ASAP and we will talk to higher authorities. It is a must that they give you your ARV's as you mentioned that you are running out.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 
Image by Google Image