Email 140: Can I Get HIV Through Oral Sex?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:09 AM

Hi Pozzie. 

I have experienced an oral sex only with unknown guy. For about a year ago. He seemed to be healthy and more fit than me. I swallowed his cum. Is there a possibility than I caught HIV with the thing that I do.


Regarding to RITM Alabang, Is it free? And what are the requirements needed for testing? Thank you.

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

There is a very slim chance for you to get HIV through oral sex. Unless of course, you have open wounds or mouth sores inside your mouth during the oral sexual act which has a better chance of transmitting the virus. 

I still advice that no matter what, any unprotected sex especially with strangers should be avoided. Any other diseases can be transmitted to you. It is still better to know the person first than have a quick encounter which you will regret for the rest of your life.

To calm down your nerves, get an HIV Test. You can go to RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate and look for Lean or Phil. You can also got RITM-ARG in Alabang and look for Maram, Ate Beth, Let or Marvin. The HIV Test is free for MSM (men having sex with men) and P500 for women and straight men. Mention my name, pozziepinoy and they will assist you there. Best is to get the test in RITm Satellite Clinic in Malate because the result comes out in just a few hours unlike in Alabang wherein the result comes out after 2 weeks.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: