Remembering Last Christmas

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:51 AM
I still remember that last Christmas, I was still "confined" in our house. Tag and I made it a point that I should not work first while I was still recovering. I only attended one Christmas party as I was avoiding crowded places. I didn't even attend my family get together. It was really different then when you are trying to avoid people. Not because you don't want to be seen. Not because you don't want to celebrate. Instead, you are just being careful not to get infections and diseases from other people.


Now that everything is back to normal, living a life where I have to take a maintenance dose of ARV's everyday, I am so grateful that the hard part was over at least. I am glad that Tag and I surpassed the hardest trials: the acceptance, the first steps to recovery and the treatment. I am also glad that because of HIV and having AIDS, I am a different person now. Another door has opened and with it, I met a lot of people who are full of generosity and kindness. I met people who never thought of themselves but always thought of others. I met a group of pozzies who are ever so grateful of all the help that they received, never thought of bad things about other people and who have learned the value of giving back.

Life is full of blessings. Even a life with HIV has a pot of gold at the end of the journey. However, while trodding the path to success, one will somehow touch lives one way or the other, and that makes the journey more meaningful and fulfilling.



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: